ATLANTA (April 27, 2021) – ASHRAE announced the launch its Vision 2030 webpage. The webpage can be found at ashrae.org/vision2030.
As technology continues to improve every aspect of the built environment, ASHRAE’s Vision 2030 is committed to leading, serving, and providing all professionals in the buildings industry with the resources and knowledge to continually drive the innovative and strategic improvements needed during the revolution of the built environment.
“The Vision 2030 webpage provides guidance to support intelligent design, construction, and operation for a more adaptable and resilient built environment,” said 2018-19 ASHRAE Presidential Member and Vision 2030 Chair Shelia J. Hayter, P.E. “We believe that the contributions of the Vision 2030 team will serve as a powerful resource to industry professionals and the general public alike.”
The webpage features the following five sections:
- Connected Communities
- Built Environment
- Data and Integration
- Team Processes
- Member Services
Members of the Vision 2030 team are as follows:
- Sheila J. Hayter, P.E., Presidential Fellow ASHRAE, chair, ASHRAE Vision 2030
- Thomas H. Phoenix, P.E., BEMP, Presidential Fellow ASHRAE, vice chair, ASHRAE Vision 2030
- Chip Branscum, PE, LEED AP, ASHRAE Vision 2030 Ad Hoc Committee
- Robin Bryant, ASHRAE Director & Regional Chair Region XII
- Jayson Bursill, Ph.D.
- Michael Cooper, P.E., ASHRAE Headquarters Building Ad-hoc Committee
- Drury B. Crawley, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, BEMP, FIBPSA, chair, ASHRAE Standards Committee, AIA
- Christopher M. Gray, Ph.D., P.E.
- William R. MacGowan
- Tim J. McGinn, P.Eng., HBDP, ASHRAE Vice President
- Francis A. Mills
- Daniel H. Nall, P.E., FAIA, Fellow ASHRAE, LEED® Fellow, BEMP, HBDP, CPHC
- Lan Chi Nguyen Weekes, ing., P.Eng., chair, ASHRAE Multidisciplinary Task Group Health and Wellness in the Built Environment
- Joe Noworatzky Ed.D., ASHRAE Foundation Trustee
- W. Andrew Perrin, BASc
- Chandra Sekhar, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE Director-at-Large, Distinguished Lecturer
- Manish K. Sharma
- Jiri Skopek
Questions and requests for technical guidance and interpretations should be submitted to the following email address: Vision2030@ashrae.org. For more information on the Vision 2030, visit ashrae.org/Vision2030.
Founded in 1894, ASHRAE is a global professional society committed to serve humanity by advancing the arts and sciences of heating ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and their allied fields.
As an industry leader in research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE and its members are dedicated to promoting a healthy and sustainable built environment for all, through strategic partnerships with organizations in the HVAC&R community and across related industries.
The Society is showcasing integrated building solutions and sustainability in action through the opening of the ASHRAE Global Headquarters building in metro-Atlanta, Georgia. The state-of-the-art, high-performing net-zero-energy efficient global headquarters building is a destination venue for industry representatives, visiting from around the world, who are looking to experience cutting-edge engineering and architectural interventions.